Our Pre-Degraded claim is based on the first and only patent approved by the USPTO on the Molecular Disintegration of plastic.
Our Pre-Degraded solution offers custom liquids to be used by plastic manufacturers to selectively and molecularly disintegrate their products based on individualized criteria.
Our Pre-Degraded solution has a great commercial advantage; One pound of our enzymes can alter one thousand pounds of plastic. This translates into an extremely low cost application.
NO MISLEADING CLAIMS
1) Is based on the only known sustainably-designed liquid additive solution that while addressing End-Of-Life was able to concomitantly pass APR's Critical Guidance Protocol's battery of tests with flying colors, outperforming virgin PET:
2) By 50% on black specking (loss in optical quality typically introduced during recycling)
3) By 19.36% on energy reduction in terms of the energy required to extrude.
4) It's been proven that Pre-Degraded PET is formed in fact by a depolymerized benign wax-like material (Terephthalic Acid).
5) Pre-Degraded PET has a 55% reduction of molecular weight without any molar mass distribution change on the molecular signature curve.
6) It has also been proven through a 1000+ subject study, that Timeplast tech on Pre-Degradation is the most impactful technology that exists today, in terms of customer engagement, when compared to every other technology in our space, from recycled materials to so-called biodegradable additives.
1) Our Pre-Degraded solution for Polyethylene (High and low density) has an absolute plastic-to-wax formation ability
2) Our Pre-Degraded HDPE presents the most dramatic difference in appearance and optical properties improvement when compared to virgin HDPE
3) Pre-Degraded HDPE outperforms virgin HDPE by 307.5% in terms of recyclability, which number is unheard of.
Our Pre-Degraded solution will never be used to claim Biodegradability, simply because we don't believe such thing is possible. Study shows that even newspaper won't biodegrade after 30 years on certain landfill conditions, not to mention that the standardized tests that exist today are unrealistic and its ideal conditions are extremely misleading when extrapolated to the actual environments in which plastic may end up.
Further more, not even a natural occurring polymer such as Cellulose is fully biodegradable, "Some studies suggest cellulose and associated breakdown product β-D-cellobiose are completely degraded within 100–500 years (Pavasars et al., 2003) while other authors estimated complete degradation of cellulose at 100,000 to 10,000,000 years (VanLoon and Glaus, 1997). Glaus and Van Loon (2008) narrowed the degradation time to a best estimate of 1000–5000 years in alkaline conditions."
We also believe that the biodegradation of plastic isn't the biggest problem with Plastic Pollution, but Biomagnification, a much more dangerous and silent problem that won't be able to be solved in the future other than preventively. Even if we create a new plastic-free society from scratch in Mars, we will carry this issue with us. 93% of all Americans tested positive for BPA, and that's just one of many microscopic plastics that are lingering in our food chain. Mothers pass these concentrations through their blood stream to unborn babies making the cycle is unbreakable. The only way is to attack plastic's molecular weight, the true enemy, exactly what our Pre-Degraded solution is doing.
All Scientific evidence has been gathered by independent laboratories and their certified professionals.
Our Pre-Degraded solution is created via powerful solvents and enzymes through the proven synthesizing principles of Abiogenesis, Depolymerization and Molecular Designing.
Our liquid combination mimics the two enzymes produced by the Ideonella sakaiensis bacteria, discovered in Japan, which is able to digest plastic. By reproducing these enzymes chemically, they can be heated without denaturalization.
Using the energy from a given plastic’s manufacturing process, we were able to catalyze (dramatically speed up) the bacteria-parallel digestion. The plastic product is left with a much more benign chemistry underneath. The chemical digestion process utilizes the resin’s manufacturing residence time to essentially turn back a polymer’s heat history.
In addition, our Pre-Degraded solution mark by Solvation and Oxidation, weak spots on the polymer chain to be no longer than that of Terephthalic acid, a wax-like material.